Thursday, January 5, 2012

Project CIMOS: Week 1, Day 3 journal

Today's exercise proved much more fruitful than yesterday's. Goes to show, things are easier to pinpoint when you write them down.

However, now I have a new debate to consider. In looking over today's judgmental thoughts, I realize that many of these thoughts are unfortunately what helps me get through the day. They're defenses against various thoughts, feelings and states. I judge others and myself I think, in order to combat more uncomfortable feelings like loneliness, helplessness, awkwardness, uncertainty. 
Those are feelings/states (?) I'd like to do away with in this project too, though. Maybe this doesn't have to be a debate. Perhaps what I'll do is stick to the current regimen for the week, then evaluate where I am, what I've accomplished, and where to go next on Tuesday.
So, as scheduled, tomorrow I'll be trying to rework some of my thoughts into non-judgmental observations, in order to try and figure out what those look like. In keeping with what I've learned so far, I'll write down my reworks in order to keep track while I'm figuring things out. I'll try to do this after breakfast and after supper, for specific times.

No comments:

Post a Comment