Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Project CIMOS: Week 1, Day 2 journal


Jan 4, 2012
Ack. Writing the date feels a little like a betrayal of myself. Where is the time going!? Anyway. Today felt like a good start on the path to cultivating a habit of non-judgment.
Which isn't to say I was any more non-judgmental than usual -- oh no! However, I got a start on observing some of my judgmental thoughts.
They are often hard to pick out -- kind of nebulous. I find it hard to capture and identify thoughts when they're murmuring below the surface. I'm debating whether to try and observe for another day, or to move on to trying to change. The problem is these fleeting thoughts behave kind of like dreams; even if I perceive them in the moment, by trying to analyze them I alter them, and once I let them lie, they're quickly forgotten. Maybe I need to take an even more methodical approach and record these thoughts, so I can analyze them separately, and so I can look for possible patterns between them.
Think that's what I'll do for tomorrow. I can even use the framework from Mind Over Mood to structure my records analyses.

No comments:

Post a Comment