Saturday, January 8, 2022

Methods in madness

Documenting some things that I think work well for me, including the act of documenting itself, and the data it brings. I need to be careful with documenting because it's one of the trickier culprits that contribute to overwhelm for me -- but its lack is one of the reasons I frequently find myself unable to figure out what's empirical data and what's assumption or confirmation bias. Without trying too hard to change anything else, I want to try and document what I already do, and I'm starting with my self care as the most important thing to document. I also have a documentation space for home care and maintenance tasks, but if both get to be too much, I have them separate so I can narrow it down to one. 

My goal is to understand my self-care patterns -- how often I tend to be able to do which kinds of self care, what other factors influence it, and eventually, which elements of routine and ritual will help me solidify some of the things that help me feel my best and function well.

No comments:

Post a Comment