Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Turn and turn about (or: I can do better, but choose not to)

Okay, so here is this week's instalment.

Before I paste the text here, I have to say, I'm not satisfied with this, not by a long (long, long) shot. I had an idea (annoying bits of songs that repeat in my head without continuing on or stopping when done -- with  format mimicking content, such as rondo or mirror or readable-back-to-front), and I wanted to experiment with it, and I know that if I took more time with it I could come up with something better, though possibly with only very superficial resemblance to this.

However, I also want to make sure I set some limits for myself with this whole mini-creative process. The object is not to create something perfect or even satisfactory. The object is to create something. Frequently and with a measure of regularity and hopefully some small interest value. Anyway, with all that preamble, you should now be just dying to read on.
What can I say, I'm unsure of myself and avoid the sting of criticism -- yes even imagined or potential -- like a plague. We know this about me.





Earworm

My
earworm loops
a moebius
constrictor
round
circling words
becoming
lyrics in my
ear. Worming its
way through
frontal and temporal
lobes, ouroboros-like, 
it's tune
without end
and beginning
to search for
the source
digging deep
through tunnels
winding
me up and a
word is born
from the last,
bigger,
bolder. O my!
Baby oooooh!

No comments:

Post a Comment