Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Counting down the days (or: Eleven)


Through sun-limned blinds, green leaves shimmer against the blue. The mass of bubbling childhood orbiting me seethes. Soon come, hometime.



Every year since I've been back from France, I have spent July and August going crazy because I had neither  full-time employment nor steady income for the two months I spent not somehow tied to school. I find it hard to be idle, and I love teaching. 

And yet, every year, by May at the latest, I am clinging to the promise of summer for dear life, counting down first the weeks and then the days. Is it like this with everyone, or do others know better what's good for them?

Either way, I'm looking forward to all the fun weekend plans I've already made and have yet to make for the summer months. I just hope I also find lots of fun (free!) stuff to do during the 5-day breaks in between when everybody NOT a teacher or student is gainfully employed! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment